Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Strong Medicine by Olivia Gates

Calista St. James is a doctor who was fired from an organization similar to Doctors Without Borders and is now running her own organization with a few friends and a lot of contacts in the medical profession. She's happy running her own show, but her former bosses need her to come back to help with a critical mission.

That's all I know about the plot because I didn't make it very far into this one before I had to give up. The book is told in the 1st person and Ms Gates' writing style uses a lot of short, dramatic sentences. In my head I kept hearing Calista's inner narration as if it was being read by William Shatner as Captain Kirk, which was really bad. The dialogue wasn't any better. I feel confident that no actual human beings have ever had conversations that sounded like the ones in this book. Throw in the fact that Calista was a total Mary Sue and the book was just unreadable.

Grade: DNF

No comments:

Post a Comment